The beginning of a new year is always a good reminder to take inventory of your homeowners’s insurance. Below you will find some top questions to ask yourself when thinking of renewing or starting a new policy.
1. What kind of home owners insurance policy do I have and what and who is covered under my insurance? It’s important to have an understanding of the type of homeowner policy that you have so you can make adjustments as needed and so you’re educated should you need to use it for any reason. Remember the cost to rebuild your home is likely significantly more than the current market value or your loan amount so it’s important to keep this in mind.
2. What is my deductible? Should an event occur & you need to use your coverage, it’s helpful to know upfront the amount you would pay in the case of a loss. We work with you to find a good balance between a deductible and your premiums.
3. Is the insurance that I have enough? It’s important to review your policy with your Agent at least on an annual basis to determine if your assets have changed and if you require more or less coverage moving into the future. We use our online Personal Lines Questionnaire to help customers easily make updates to coverage.
4. Are there any limits on valuables such as computers, silverware or jewelry?
West’s recommends updating a Home Inventory each year that serves as a valuable tool.
5. Should I consider any optional or extra home owners insurance coverage?
Are there any safety features that I could install in my home that would save money on my home owners insurance policy and increase my protection with my policy?
6. How much is my deductible? Can I save money by choosing a higher deductible?
7. How do I file a claim and what are my responsibilities with claims? Availability and ongoing superior customer service are priorities at West’s. We offer 24/7 access to our team via our free mobile app and always guarantee a living, breathing person on the phone with every call.
8. Does my policy include earthquake coverage, floods?