We’re hiring a Commercial Lines Account Executive/Senior Account Manager!
Summary of Position
The Commercial Lines Account Executive/Senior Account Manager provides full support to and acts on behalf of agency producers whenever necessary or requested. Assists producer’s solicitation of prospects/clients, markets commercial accounts to insurers and assists in the sales of the best available combination of price, coverage and services for new & renewal commercial clients, freeing producer to focus on other opportunities. Assists in achieving producer’s and agency’s profitability goals and in attaining or surpassing agency’s carrier premium commitments. In addition to acting as commercial lines account manager for an assigned book of business, the AE/AM will:
- Make appointments and follow-up with clients/prospects obtaining sufficient information to prepare a complete submission, supplemental applications, spreadsheets, etc., as required, for new/renewal property and casualty clients to best meet or exceed the needs of the client and provide appropriate coverage for the exposure presented.
- Perform reviews of each line of business to determine possible coverage gaps and recommends enhancements; including, but no limited to, verifying classifications and modification factors, reviewing and compiling loss data, performing preliminary review of client’s financial statements, reviewing client’s exposures and operations to determine needs to market.
- Underwrite risks per agency marketing procedures, utilizing agency resources and relationship to fully identify all available standard and non-standard carriers, programs, etc.
- Make recommendations, based on client’s exposures and quotes being presented to client/prospect, and/or producer suggesting changes, additions, deletions when appropriate.
- Present proposals and discuss coverage(s) with client when appropriate. May be done on behalf of producer, at his/her discretion.
- Keep abreast of competitive posture of agency and changes in marketplace.
In addition to an Illinois Property & Casualty Insurance license, the AE/AM will have 10+ years of commercial lines account management experience and will possess these essential characteristics: confident, enthusiastic, customer-service oriented, self-motivated, management-minded and knowledgeable of the commercial insurance marketplace to accompany excellent verbal & written communication skills. The AE/AM must take ownership of his/her responsibilities as well as the responsibilities of his/her assigned producer counterparts. The individual is comfortable in a Microsoft Office environment, proficient in all facets of account management functions and capable of assisting in the development of programs for future clients. Must be comfortable in an electronic/paperless environment.
Salary is commensurate with experience. Generous benefits package.
Email resume to Kristin@westinsurance.com